the souchi story

Monday, October 12, 2009

tiny fried fish and rocky balboa?



so, my dear friends melany and josh took me out for a belated birthday dinner at ping in portland.
yes, they can get me to do things i would not usually want to do or try...... case in point: stick these tiny fried fish (complete with eyes) in my mouth and chew! yes, i did it.....just once! lord, not a pleasant taste....to me....no offense to the fabulous and delicious ping. feeling inspired by the shapes, melany being an expectant mom, future lawyer, and a super funny friend (aspiring artist?) displayed these so called fish on this lovely plate. now, is it me or do these tiny fried fish look like.......? wait, maybe that's for another blog.

now another thing i love about this photo is the profile of my 'rocky balboa' nose! once broken and twice deviated! i never noticed the bump i had going on. i'm going to go with it giving me a tough bad ass edge.

thank you to all my amazing friends and bff who spoiled this old lady rotten for my birthday. xo

1 comment:

Anne Zimmerman said...

You are never too old to try something new. Yeah small fried fish. Kinda makes me hungry...
xo