the souchi story

Saturday, November 28, 2009

and the winner for best photo..........

when i first saw it, it was an instant reminder to one of my favorite blogs thesartorialist.com.

'Courtney and I started planning my wedding sweater in early spring of 2008. I drove down to Portland, brought my dress (YSL 2008 Resort Collection) and we must have spent a couple of hours looking at different colors of yarn that were available and those arriving for the Souchi spring collection, possible combinations of yarns, measurements(!) and of course, we talked, discussed and laughed over design.

Because the wedding was June 1, we knew the weather could be variable. Courtney decided on a precise length for the short sleeve (which was perfect!), the length of the sweater hit the dress hem right on and a sash was added, in case I became chilly.

The wedding took place in our backyard. It wasn't cold, but it wasn't warm either - so the yarn weight and sleeve length couldn't have been designed or executed better. The reception was at the Seattle Art Museum, which can be a bit drafty, and we had a few photos taken outside. My Souchi sweater kept me comfortable in every environment and situation. It was a perfect day with my perfect Souchi sweater! ~Gretchen

CONGRATULATIONS on your $150 towards your next souchi
XO


No comments: