EMILY COWL DRESS IN BLACK CHUNKY MERINO
last weekend i was in healdsburg for another trunk show and kate, andi, codi and i had the best time playing dress up with susan. can you blame us? how can she not look amazing in everything. we simply tried on everything. at one point codi (another fox at arboretum) was in one dressing room trying on souchi, susan in another room trying souchi and i in a dressing room (clearly NOT working!!) trying on some sassy dresses that they chose for me. such a good time that i had to ask susan to check out the souchi website and give us her 'holiday wish list' and to send some photos.
ALLY CAMI DRESS IN FOG/BLACK IN MERINO WOOL
also, just to surprise you as i was surprised.......here is susan as i hadn't seen her or known her. she has alopecia and has since she was a teenager. she is such an inspiration to me: a woman who is happy, healthy, grateful, so much fun, kind and damn amazing! i am so inspired and can't wait to come up with a spring design with her as my muse.
LAUREN POCKET TANK IN MERINO WOOL
i hope you enjoy her wish list and words as much as i do:
1. who knew i would love the lara catsuit? it snuck into the dressing room and at first i thought it was more of a novelty piece until i put it ON. so soft and wonderful...treating so many body parts to wonderful cashmere...favorite color would be charcoal or black. can't you see it with the audry pullover?
2. cashmere audry pullover (above) the cut & drape of the sweater balance the 8 ply cashmere beautifully. i love the sculptural neckline and the long, flowing sleeves. exquisite without any pretension. would be fantastic w/ the lara catsuit (mentioned above) or my favorite leggings, jeans...hmmm, wait did you say leather leggings?
3. trina cardi cape in luxe cashmere reminds me of being in a field of thistles (you know, the ones you pick and blow to make a wish?) airy, and ethereal...just like the luxe cashmere of the cape. i would wear it in shiitake or (and?) truffle over the lara catsuit, over my juliett dress, with t-shirts and jeans, with t-shirts and those previously mentioned leather leggings. basically, it would only come off if i needed to take a shower.
4. raglan plunge top in cashmere. i know i just got one, but it made john's eyes go crazy so the wish list has another. this time maybe in (shock) warm berry...winter berry?? (*editors note it's wild berry) the cut is so flattering! sexy, but tame, very flirty but so practical.
5. luxe cashmere mina e/s crew because who wouldn't want to replace their crews with something as beautiful as this in yarn that makes the angels sing. really, i heard them in the store!
6. julia hooded cardigan in cashmere because it's a WISH list, silly. i can only imagine what a stand out piece this would be in sand. i am always cold and just looking at this warms me up. it is a 'big' piece, to be sure, but it didn't 'wear' me when i tried it on. i think you know what i mean. sometimes a piece this substantial can overwhelm, but the cut is easy to wear and the details are subtle (except for the vintage snaps that work so well). it would balance out my wardrobe when the trina cardi cape would be enough for the cold.
7. natalie rib v-neck in cashmere. i love the detail of this piece. it works as such a staple item, much like the mina crew. perfect with jeans to dress it down, or a great skirt or leggings to dress it up. love the graphite and the oyster.
8. bamboo amber keyhole dress (from spring 2010). it is such a beautiful cut i want to see more.
*editors note, here are a few shots...the one lying down is the rest of the dress and it is available via special order.
9. tiffany cashmere rib legging. i just saw these and for the pieces where the lara catsuit would be too warm these would do the trick. versatile, easy to wear, wonderfully cozy without bulk. black would be perfect!
10. page sargisson custom calendar necklaces. it would be so special to have 2 of these: one with the birthday of each of my daughters. later on, maybe when they are married or have kids of their own i will give them each their own special day that i loved so much!