the souchi story

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

ok, so, perhaps a bit cheesy to post, but

i just can't help it! maybe it's that i'll be on a plane in 12 hours for some fun in france. or maybe because my body is aching from boot camp. both got me thinking about the good and bad of getting older. the good being able to jump on a plane with little notice and the bad being that it took 40 yrs for me to finally master a true push-up sans knees.

i came across this picture today, while reading the new york times. ok, so it was perezhilton.com but really, it was purely research on what the kids are doing these days. one of my favorite pictures of me (rarely do i like pics of myself) is when i was 17 and packing for my first trip to europe. johnny was on the cover of rolling stone magazine, shirt seriously unbuttoned (usually not a fan of this) and what i am sure was the biggest fan known to man to get that perfectly tousled i don't care about my hair look. in the photo, i am holding the cover up to my face with the most ridiculous look on my face. truth be told, the pimple on my forehead was even more ridiculous, but that isn't important here.

i loved johnny when i was 15. i loved him when i was 25 and i'm 40 and damn it i still love him. why? my best guess is that somehow, all the things i usually don't like on men: jewelry, greasy hair, that soul patch (lord how i loathe those!) are easily overlooked with that grin and the scruffiest boots i've ever seen.

i love scruffy scuffed up boots. i like them with dressy clothes. i like them with scruffy clothes. i think it's all those sayings: roads traveled, walk in my shoes, paths chosen...etc. so, to me, beat up boots mean moving and not being stagnant. love them! fyi, i don't feel the same about scuffed up shoes.

so, in getting older i think if we're lucky our favorite boots & great crushes will always remain.

cheesy i know.....but true.

off to pack.
xo
suzi

No comments: